UPDATE – Temporary Level 5 restrictions to Eidsvold’s water supply
North Burnett Regional Council advises residents that the water leak affecting the Eidsvold reticulated water supply has been repaired. Water supply to affected residents should now be reinstated.
Unfortunately due to this water leak the water reservoirs servicing the Eidsvold township have been severely depleted resulting in temporary Level 5 Water Restrictions until the reservoir water levels can be re-instated. Levels are expected to be replenished in a couple of days. Residents will be advised when Level 5 water restrictions have been lifted.
Mayor Rachel Chambers urges all Eidsvold residents to please use this water responsibly.
“I would like to thank residents who took time to report the situation so Council could act and rectify the problem, and to our water team for locating the issue and working to fix the problem,” Mayor Chambers said.
Affected residents are advised that flushing of taps may be necessary as discoloration of water may occur following this work. Note: Please exercise air bleed of hot water system following current works.
Level 5 Water Restrictions:
- Private Lawns, Gardens and Sports Grounds – No external use
- Private Swimming Pools, Spas or Ponds – Filling or Topping Up – Newly constructed swimming pools, spas and ponds must not be filled for the first time. – Existing swimming pools, spas and ponds must not be topped up or filled.
- Fountains – Fountains must not operate without the permission of Council.
- Paved Areas – Cleaning – Water must not be used to clean paved areas unless cleaning is required as a result of an accident, fire, health hazard or other emergency.
- Farm Dams and Tanks – Topping Up – Farm Dams and tanks must not be topped up except Dams or tanks providing water for fire fighting, public health or stock watering purposes but only to the extent necessary to reasonably provide for these purposes.
- Sports Grounds – Watering – Active and Non-active playing surfaces must not be watered.
- Commercial Market Garden or Plant Nursery – Sprinklers must not be used. – Hand held hoses, watering cans or buckets can be used at any time.
- Window Cleaning – Water must not be used to clean windows. – Unless where cleaning is required as a result of an accident, fire, health hazard or other emergency.
- Mobile Water Tankers – Filling – Mobile water tankers must not be filled except tankers that are supplying water for use inside domestic premises, or fire fighting or stock watering purposes.
- Vehicles – Cleaning – Water must not be used to clean vehicles unless cleaning is required for health or safety reasons. – Cleaning for health and safety reasons must be undertaken using watering cans or buckets filled directly from taps or trigger hoses which can be used only to rinse vehicles after washing.
- Any Other Purpose – Water must not be used without the written permission of Council
Council acknowledges the co-operation given by residents and thanks them for their responsiveness and assistance while restrictions are in place. Council urges consumers to continue to use water appropriately and in a waterwise manner.
For further information about the Level Five restrictions, please call Council’s Works Department on 1300 696 272 (1300 MY NBRC) during business hours or visit Council’s website.