- Full-time permanent
- 9 day fortnight
- Substantial employee benefits (Including Tool Allowance)
Council is seeking an experienced trade qualified Mechanic to join our Works Department. This position will focus on implementing efficient and effective maintenance programs for the organisation’s mobile and fixed plant and equipment, fault finding and diagnostics in the prevention of breakdowns or unexpected down time of machinery. The successful candidate will have experience with the maintenance and repair of heavy plant and light vehicles, (both petrol and diesel) relevant to the civil construction industry.
To be successful in this role you will require the following:
- Mechanical trade qualification, and experience in the repair and maintenance of various fleet, heavy earthmoving plant and machinery together with the ability to diagnose and rectify mechanical faults (including air-conditioning, tyre maintenance, hydraulic systems, transmissions and engine components – petrol or diesel)
- Current unrestricted ‘HC’ class drivers licence
- Basic computer, numeracy and written skills to enable completion of service records and interpretation of manufacturer specifications
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team, with a high regard for work health and safety
North Burnett Regional Council’s vision is to make our region the choice for people to live, work and play, and our mission is to lead the community towards a thriving future for us all to enjoy. If this is something you value – this job could be for you!
Applications close: 5:00pm Wednesday, 19 December 2018
All vacant positions are advertised via North Burnett Regional Council’s website, North Burnett Regional Council’s Facebook page and the Central and North Burnett Times.
For any enquiries please do not hesitate to contact Council’s People and Culture team on 1300 696 272 (1300 MY NBRC).
North Burnett Regional Council is a drug and alcohol free workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.