Level 3 Water Restrictions for Biggenden
At Council’s General Meeting in Biggenden on Wednesday, 15 January 2020, the North Burnett Regional Council received a report and endorsed the recommendation to implement level three (3) water restrictions in Biggenden.
Level 3 restrictions will commence Monday, 20 January 2020
Council’s Drought Management Plan includes trigger points where Council needs to act to ensure long-term water sustainability for our towns. Due to the continuing dry weather, Council’s Technical Services team has noted reduced bore water levels in Biggenden and Mt Perry, which has triggered the response for water restrictions.
If water levels continue to decrease than further restrictions may apply.
“It’s important that residents get on board with these restrictions and do your best to save water. Council are continuing to closely monitor the water situation in both Biggenden and Mt Perry. Mt Perry remains on Level 2 restrictions. If you have any questions about the new level of water restrictions, please contact us” Mayor Chambers said.
Level three (3) water restrictions for Biggenden include:
- Lawns cannot be watered at any time.
- Sprinklers, micro spray and drip systems must not be used at any time.
- Attended hand held hoses can be used Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday between 4pm and 7pm. (Lawns cannot be watered at any time.)
- Watering can or bucket watering is permitted at any time.
- Water must not be used to clean paved areas (unless required as the result of accident, fire, health hazard or other emergency).
- Private swimming pools or spas may only be topped up during permitted watering times.
- Newly constructed ponds must not be filled for the first time without the written permission of Council.
- Commercial market garden or plant nurseries – no restrictions on designated watering days.
- Exemptions may apply. Individuals or businesses can apply for an exemption by completing an Exemption Request Form that is available in Councils General Policy 247 – Drought Management of Urban Water located on our website under policies. https://www.northburnett.qld.gov.au/publications/
For further information on water restrictions see Council’s website www.northburnett.qld.gov.au/water-services/, contact Council’s Technical Services team on 1300 696 272 (1300 MY NBRC) or email email@example.com