PLEASE BE ADVISED: Council will be running an alternative bus for the week starting Monday 29th May 2017 till Monday 5th May 2017.
The alternative Bus is Council’s HI-Ace Commuter which is only an 8 seater, therefore bookings are essential. Council apologises for any inconvenience this may cause.
North Burnett Regional Council, under contract with the Queensland Government (Translink), is pleased to offer the North Burnett Transport Service in the region.
The service provides comfortable, convenient and affordable transport options to assist residents and visitors wishing to travel to larger regions such as Bundaberg and Maryborough, with convenient stops encompassing Base Hospitals, train stations, transit station and local shopping centres.
The return service also caters for tourists wishing to travel to our ‘Naturally Beautiful’ region.
Services available include:
- Tuesday – Mundubbera to Bundaberg
- Wednesday – Eidsvold to Bundaberg, connects with an ‘On Demand’ service from Monto to Ceratodus
- Thursday – Mundubbera to Bundaberg
- Friday – Mundubbera to Maryborough, connects with an ‘On Demand’ service from Monto to Mundubbera
- Due to Qld Rail upgrades Thursday’s Service does not connect with the Tilt Train in the afternoon. Passengers still can connect from the Tilt Train with our Service on Tuesdays (Bundaberg) and Fridays (Maryborough).
- Due to the change to Tilt Train timetable there is now opportunity to catch the Tilt Train in the morning on the Wednesday Service. Passengers would be dropped off at the Base Hospital and then would have to catch the Urban Bus Service or Taxi to the Train Station as Wednesdays Service does not stop at the Train Station.
- Tickets for Friday “Monto to Mundubbera (On Demand) Service” and Wednesday “Monto to Eidsvold (On Demand) Service” must be purchased before 2:00pm the day prior to departure.
- There is no pick-up or drop off at the Bundaberg Coach Terminal in Targo Street, Bundaberg due to closure of the terminal.
For further information on the North Burnett Transport Service, timetable and fare information or to make a booking, please see the below link, call into one of Council’s Customer Service Centres or phone Council on 1300 696 272 (1300 MY NBRC).
Note: By clicking Book Now, you are accepting the Terms & Conditions of Travel