(28-03-17) Alert – Tropical Cyclone Debbie Update
Public Information Announcement 2 (1430 hrs)
Severe Tropical Cyclone Debbie continues to track west-southwest towards the Queensland coast and is expected to cross the central Queensland coast early this afternoon as a Category 4 system.
We are keeping our northern neighbours in our thoughts and we wish them well.
Later this week, Cyclone Debbie is predicted to turn into a low pressure system and travel inland for some distance, most likely in a south-easterly direction by Thursday.
Now is the time for North Burnett residents to be thinking about their emergency plans and to keep up to date with the weather. Our strong advice is for residents to remain calm and to ensure they have undertaken appropriate preparations and to only source information from reliable sources. The Local Disaster Management Group is receiving regular updates from BOM and the State Disaster Control Centre and information will be distributed to the community as it becomes available.
For further information including how you can ‘Get Ready’, see the following:
‘Like’ Councils Facebook page for local information.
- Visit the Bureau of Meteorology (BOM) website
- Tune into ABC radio – ABC Local Radio 100.1 FM / ABC News Radio 97.7 FM / ABC Local Radio – Eidsvold 855 AM
- Visit the ‘Get Ready’ website
- See the Qld Government – Disaster and Events website
- See the Queensland Police Service (QPS) website
- See the Department of Transport and Main Roads website for information on traffic conditions or call 13 19 40
- For SES information see their website, or for assistance call 13 25 00
(Image) North Burnett Mayor Cr Rachel Chambers, Deputy Mayor Cr Faye Whelan and Cr Zahl review the North Burnett Regional Council Local Disaster Management Plan – Upper Burnett Catchment Area.