Trainee Water and Wastewater Treatment Operator
- Full-time fixed term (2 years)
- 9 day fortnight
- Study on the job for Certificate III in Water Industry Treatment
As a trainee in Water and Wastewater there will be a focus on developing your interpersonal, organisational and communication skills, as well as exposing you to a range of essential duties to support the operation of Council’s water and wastewater services and technologies, which in turn will provide you with on the job training, and experience within a Local Government environment. During this traineeship you will undertake study towards completing a Nationally Recognised Certificate III in Water Industry Treatment, and carry out varied duties such as:
- Assist with the construction and maintenance of water and wastewater infrastructure
- Assist with the operation and maintenance of the water and wastewater treatment plants and pump stations
- Assist with collecting samples and conducting relevant laboratory tests, and maintaining associated records
Applications close: 5:00pm Thursday 28 November 2019
North Burnett Regional Council’s vision is to make our region the choice for people to live, work and play, and our mission is to lead the community towards a thriving future for us all to enjoy. If this is something you value – this job could be for you!
All vacant positions are advertised via North Burnett Regional Council’s website, North Burnett Regional Council’s Facebook page and the Central and North Burnett Times.
For any enquiries please do not hesitate to contact Council’s People and Culture team on 1300 696 272 (1300 MY NBRC).
North Burnett Regional Council is a drug and alcohol free workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.