North Burnett residents urged to be prepared…
With the storm season now well and truly upon us, now is a timely reminder for residents to be prepared.
Make sure your emergency kits are stocked, including at least three (3) days worth of food and water (Including long-life food products and baby supplies / pet food, if required), essential medications and important documents. Also consider what’s your what if plan? If you had to evacuate where would you go? The Get Ready Queensland website also has some great templates to help you and your family prepare for disaster events.
Residents are encouraged to bookmark the North Burnett Emergency Management Dashboard to their smart device or computer and take some time to become familiar with this amazing resource. The Dashboard is available 365 days a year to keep residents up to date with road closures, emergency information, links to all emergency services social media feeds, BOM forecasts, river height and rain fall data, just to name a few.
Residents should keep up-to-date with weather warnings through TV and ABC radio broadcasts and the BOM website.
To help with storm preparation, residents are encouraged to visit the Get Ready Queensland website.
- For emergency warnings, tune into ABC radio on 101.1 FM or 855 AM.
- In a life-threatening emergency, which includes vehicles trapped in floodwater people are urged to call triple zero (000) immediately.
- For storm and flood related assistance call the State Emergency Service (SES) on 132 500, visit the SES website or download the QSES Assistance App.
- For information on road conditions and closures call the Department of Transport and Main Roads on 1300 130 595, visit the QLDTraffic website or download the QLDTraffic
- For information on power outages and disruptions call Ergon Energy on 13 22 96 or visit the Ergon website.
Remember! In an Emergency or Life Threatening Situation call Triple Zero ‘000’.
Don’t forget, If it’s flooded, forget it!