Mt Perry main street works wraps up
Following North Burnett Regional Council’s Mt Perry footpath upgrade works to improve accessibility and safety to pedestrians, funded through the Queensland Government’s 2016-17 Works for Queensland, Council is now progressing additional works at the site.
Additional works will comprise of:
- Earthwork preparation to assist telecommunication provider to replace cable / line and new telecommunication pits, along with relocation and installation of Telstra phone box – scheduled for completion on Saturday, 20 January;
- Remaining areas of footpath adjacent to the general store and in front of the footpath / hotel to be installed – week commencing 22 January;
- Installation of Post Box, public seating and bin – week commencing 22 January;
- Residential access to affected areas reinstated – with works to be complete week commencing 22 January;
- Completion of hotel driveway access and installation of stairs, garden beds and handrails prior to 25 January.
It is anticipated that the additional works will be completed prior to the Australia Day weekend, with further minor works such as site clearing to occur soon after.
Council appreciates that these works may result in disruption to businesses and residents alike, however, where possible, the disruption will be minimised.
For further information regarding this project please contact Council’s Engineering and Environmental Services staff on 1300 696 272 (1300 MY NBRC) or email Council.