Labourer (Parks and Open Spaces)
- Mount Perry
- Full-time permanent
- 9 day fortnight
The Parks and Open Spaces Team
A multi-skilled team tasked with the beautification of North Burnett towns, upkeep of quality rest areas and recreational facilities. Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Labouring tasks such as; fertilising, irrigation, mowing/whipper-snipping, weeding, pruning/hedging, spraying and control of pests, removal and disposal of litter.
- Landscape construction of parks, gardens and playgrounds as required.
- Safe operation and maintenance of a variety of commercial plant/equipment and tools relevant to the work area.
- Cleaning and general maintenance of public spaces, conveniences/amenities.
- Maintenance of cemeteries, including works pre and post burial.
- Record keeping of work complete, e.g. maintenance schedules, chemical usage.
The successful candidate will be a team player and have proven experience within horticulture/gardening and/or landscaping and the maintenance of public conveniences/amenities. You will be familiar with using and maintaining commercial gardening equipment and tools, and may possess certificates II or III in Horticulture, which would be considered advantageous.
Essential Qualifications, Licences and Tickets
- Unrestricted ‘C’ class drivers licence.
- Works Safe in the Construction Industry Induction Certificate (White Card).
- Traffic Management Implementation Program licence, or the ability to acquire.
- ACDC/Commercial Operator’s Licence, or the ability to acquire.
Experience within Local Government and/ or qualifications relevant to the horticultural industry are highly desirable. Training and development for technical knowledge and skills relevant to this position will be supported.
North Burnett Regional Council’s vision is to make our region the choice for people to live, work and play, and our mission is to lead the community towards a thriving future for us all to enjoy. If this is something you value – this job could be for you!
Applications close 5:00pm, Wednesday 8 April 2020
All vacant positions are advertised via North Burnett Regional Council’s website, North Burnett Regional Council’s Facebook page and the Central and North Burnett Times.
For any enquiries please do not hesitate to contact Council’s People and Culture team on 1300 696 272 (1300 MY NBRC).
North Burnett Regional Council is a drug and alcohol free workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.