Labourer (Civil Works)
- Biggenden and Monto
- $25.12 – $26.30 per hour plus casual loading
An exciting opportunity is available immediately for an experienced and motivated person to join our Civil Works team. Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Carry out competent labouring tasks in the construction and maintenance of roads, including traffic control procedures, kerb and gutter, footpath, concrete drainage etc.
- Safely operate and maintain a variety of commercial plant/ equipment and tools relevant to the work area.
- Maintain work sites, depots, plant and equipment in a clean and safe condition.
- Accurate record keeping and reporting of asset defects.
The successful candidate will need to have or the ability to obtain the following:
- Ability to work in a physically demanding occupation, often in noisy conditions
- Work Safe in the Construction Industry Induction Certificate (white card)
- Current unrestricted manual ‘C’ Class drivers licence
- Experience in the effective use, maintenance and servicing of relevant plant, equipment and tools and possession of relevant tickets and/ or licences required to safely and legally operate same
Essential Qualifications, Licences and Tickets
- Experience relevant to the work area, preferably within a local government context
- Queensland Traffic Controller Authorisation (traffic control with stop/ slow bat)
- Traffic Management Implementation Program (setting up road signage according to a traffic management plan)
- Current unrestricted ‘HR’ Class (or higher) drivers licence
Applications Close 5:00pm Friday, 2 October 2020
For any enquiries please do not hesitate to contact Council’s People and Culture team on 1300 696 272 (1300 MY NBRC).
North Burnett Regional Council is a drug and alcohol free workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.