Fleet Stream Leader (Civil Works)
- Full-time permanent
- Remuneration package will be negotiated
- 9 day fortnight
North Burnett Regional Council is seeking a Fleet Stream Leader to join our Works Department. This position will coordinate the Fleet Stream (inclusive of all mechanics and mechanical workshops), to implement efficient and effective maintenance programs for the organisation’s fixed and mobile plant (inclusive of small engines, heavy and light vehicles) in accordance with short, medium and long term assets and works programs, and to assist the Civil Works Manager and the Asset Services Section in developing such programs to meet organisational and business objectives.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Undertake the development and implementation of coordinated maintenance programs for all Fleet
- Assist in procurement activities by exercising professional judgement to ensure materials and parts required and supplied to Council meet economic and quality standards
- Oversee and allocate resources, personnel, materials and equipment required to meet organisational requirements
- Analyse fleet utilisation rates, fleet capital and replacement programs and make recommendations to General Manager Works. Develop a long term fleet replacement program
- Provide assistance in the preparation of technical specifications
To be successful in this role you will require the following:
- Associate Diploma in an Engineering discipline with substantial experience; or a recognised Engineering Trade Certificate in a Mechanical discipline with specialised skills; or extensive post trade experience in a technical role associated with fixed and/or mobile plant maintenance to an equivalent level of experience and expertise
- Demonstrated analytical, problem solving, time management and project management skills
- Well-developed interpersonal skills, with the ability to contribute to a cohesive team environment and maintain positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Current unrestricted manual ‘C’ Class drivers licence
- Experience in procurement is highly desirable
To be employed in this position applicants must undergo an employment-related background check/s and be assessed as suitable to be able to ethically perform the inherent requirements of this position.
North Burnett Regional Council’s vision is to make our region the choice for people to live, work and play, and our mission is to lead the community towards a thriving future for us all to enjoy. If this is something you value – this job could be for you!
Applications Close: 5:00pm, Monday 2 September 2019
All vacant positions are advertised via North Burnett Regional Council’s website, North Burnett Regional Council’s Facebook page and the Central and North Burnett Times.
For any enquiries please do not hesitate to contact Council’s People and Culture team on 1300 696 272 (1300 MY NBRC).
North Burnett Regional Council is a drug and alcohol free workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.