Financial Services Manager
FINANCIAL SERVICES MANAGER
An exciting opportunity is available to join North Burnett Regional Council’s executive team with an attractive salary and flexible work arrangements on offer. NRBC is seeking an experienced leader and finance professional with a proven track record for providing financial management and oversight in a decentralised organisation.
This is a key position encompassing the responsibilities of a chief financial officer and leadership of the finance, accounting and procurement teams. Key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Manage the financial planning and reporting functions for Council.
- Provide strategic advice to the Executive Management Team regarding Council’s financial position and performance, including business strategies to improve Council’s financial position and sustainability.
- Provide a comprehensive financial and management accounting service to all functional areas of Council, ensuring appropriate financial corporate policies, guidelines and procedures are maintained.
- Manage the finance team and its functions to ensure services are provided efficiently and effectively.
As an experienced finance professional you will be able to demonstrate:
- Tertiary qualifications in accounting, finance or business management with extensive relevant experience plus post graduate qualifications or qualifications/experience.
- Specialist knowledge of operational practices in relation to Local Government Financial Management and Accounting Services and forward planning processes and requirements.
- Experience at management level or higher in a local government setting or other multi-functional organisational environment.
- High level knowledge of governance and risk management.
- ‘C’ Class drivers licence
To apply for this position please include a cover letter, address the selection criteria and provide your resume and copies of any relevant qualifications/ licences.
Position closes: 5pm, Tuesday 26 January 2021
For more information about the role please contact Susie Glasson on 1300 696 272
For any enquiries please do not hesitate to contact Council’s People and Culture team on 1300 696 272 (1300 MY NBRC).
North Burnett Regional Council is a drug and alcohol free workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.