Wakka Wakka Native Title Authorisation meeting
The purpose of Meeting #1 is to AUTHORISE entry into an Indigenous Land Use Agreement (‘lLUA’) between the Wakka Wakka People and the Gympie
Regional Council (‘Wakka Wakka People/Gympie Regional Council ILUA’).The aim of the ILUA is to:
1. settle native title processes with Gympie Regional Council within the ILUA area;
2. recognise the rights and interests of the Wakka Wakka People and Gympie Regional Council within the ILUA area; and
3. set out a process for the protection of Aboriginal cultural heritage within the ILUA area.
The purpose of Meeting #2 is to:
1. discuss a proposed corporation intended to become the Registered Native Title Body Corporate for the Wakka Wakka People. This is the corporation that will hold your native title once it is determined by the Federal Court; and
2. choose people who you want to be the directors on the proposed corporation.
See the flyer here.