Council congratulates latest RADF recipients
“Local aspiring and emerging artists have once more benefited from the latest round of funding available through the Regional Arts Development Fund (RADF), with exciting new projects being approved,” North Burnett Regional Council Mayor Cr Rachel Chambers said.
“A total of $18,585 (ex GST) in funding was approved from the last round of RADF submissions providing some unique and exciting opportunities.”
Successful projects include:
- Sue Capewell – funding to attend the Australian Pastel Society Expo in September 2018 – Sue Capewell uses her talents to benefit the community and often volunteers her time.
- Rachel Koster – funding for writing and acting sessions with Eidsvold school students, and to hold an acting masterclass in Gayndah, with events scheduled for August 2018.
- Monto Art Group – funding to hold a watercolour, gouache and airbrush workshop.
- Biggenden State School – funding to go towards equipment for a stage musical involving approximately 150 students from Biggenden, Dallarnil and Coalstoun Lakes schools highlighting Rudyard Kipling’s much loved story, the Jungle Book, with performances in September 2018.
- Kerry Warren – funding to hold a music workshop in Mt Perry in September 2018, aimed at creating awareness of music to persons who wish to know more about music, already play music, and want to progress commercially. A concert will be held following the workshop.
New and aspiring artists can once more benefit from RADF, with Round 2 now open for applications. A partnership between Council and the Queensland Government through Arts Queensland, the North Burnett Regional Arts Development Fund currently offers a pool of $55,415 to support local arts and culture. Round 2 closes 5:00pm, Friday 3 August 2018.
For further information on RADF, contact Council’s RADF Liaison Officer on 1300 696 272, (1300 MY NBRC), email firstname.lastname@example.org or download the RADF Nuts and Bolts Guide here.
Image: Cr John Zahl presenting a cheque to RADF recipient Sue Capewell to assist with attendance at the Australian Pastel Society Expo in September.