Community Development Officer
North Burnett Region – Naturally Beautiful – Why would you live and work anywhere else?
The North Burnett Regional Council is seeking a new Community Development Officer.
This is a great opportunity for a developing and or experienced Community Development Officer to be involved in a progressive, proactive and innovation-focused region to focus on all facets of community development with the added bonus of working a 9-day fortnight.
- Stakeholder engagement – internal and external.
- Taking a targeted approach to projects.
- Promote community development, programs, services, initiatives and facilities throughout the region.
- Build the capacity of groups, service providers, organisations and individuals to achieve their goals.
- Develop and acquit funding submissions.
Required Experience and Required Qualifications
- Experience in a related role.
- High level of project management / event management skills required.
- High level communication, consultative, interpersonal and negotiating skills (both oral and written), with a demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with relevant stakeholders at strategic and operational levels.
- High level of computer-based systems skills, including business related application software.
- Tertiary qualifications in a discipline relevant to the position – highly regarded.
- Unrestricted drivers’ licence – ‘C’ class is essential.
- Positive Notice Blue Card or ability to acquire immediately.
For a confidential discussion please call Leading Roles’ Rob Maxwell on 0407 164 600.
To see how to apply and download a positoin pack, please visit https://www.leadingroles.com.au/job/community-development-officer/
The application period will close at 5pm on Monday 15th July 2019.