Civil Works Manager
- Permanent senior role
- Generous employee benefits
- Relaxed regional lifestyle
Surrounded by natural beauty, the North Burnett region offers a relaxed and rural lifestyle with low cost of living and easy access to essential services. Geographically advantaged, the region is within easy driving times to the cities of Brisbane, Rockhampton and Bundaberg. Council services six small diverse townships, Biggenden, Mount Perry, Gayndah, Mundubbera, Eidsvold and Monto.
An exciting opportunity is available immediately for an experienced and motivated Engineer to join the Executive Leadership Team within the Works Department based in Mundubbera.
- Develop appropriate strategic direction for the Section
- Management of Council’s Civil Works Programs and Projects
- Provide leadership, technical support and guidance to staff
- Financial management including budget control and project reporting
- Assist the General Manager Works with a broad range of local government engineering activities
- Degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent with at least 5 years practical experience as a Civil Works Engineer, preferably in a local government environment
- Sound knowledge and skills in Geographical Information Systems (GIS) and MS Suite
- Experience in gravel road construction and maintenance
- Experience in project management, work scheduling and plant optimisation
- Strong team leadership and the ability to influence and manage change
- Analytical and problem solving skills and the ability to provide quality results within timeframes
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Current manual driver’s licence
- Qualification in Traffic Management Design (desirable)
- Experience in design engineering (desirable)
- Qualifications and experience in quarry management and operations (desirable)
You will be rewarded with a competitive salary plus 12% superannuation; fully maintained vehicle, a healthy work/life balance; professional development opportunities; and the opportunity to work in interesting and challenging projects whilst developing your career within Local Government.
Applications have been extended from 5:00pm, Thursday, 2 August 2018 to 5:00pm Thursday, 9 August 2018.
The Selection Criteria must be addressed to be considered for the role.
All vacant positions are advertised via North Burnett Regional Council’s website, North Burnett Regional Council’s Facebook page and the Central and North Burnett Times.
For any enquiries please do not hesitate to contact Council’s People and Culture team on 1300 696 272 (1300 MY NBRC).
North Burnett Regional Council is a drug and alcohol free workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.