Civil Works Coordinator
- 76 Hour, 8 Day Fortnight
- Location – Gayndah or Mundubbera (Negotiable)
North Burnett Regional Council is seeking a permanent full-time Civil Works Coordinator to develop and lead civil construction, maintenance and capital works programs that deliver quality outcomes in line with Council’s strategy.
- You will lead and manage civil works teams and contracts and be accountable for the planning, organising, scheduling, procurement and execution of work; resource and budget management; customer liaison and stakeholder engagement, to achieve delivery of sustainable civil works and maintenance services for road, footpath, bridge and stormwater related assets.
- You will devise and implement operational, maintenance and resource plans to manage risk, achieve sustainable service levels and ensure maintenance programs are completed within budgeted year.
- You will direct/manage the work and activities of your staff and ensure that the team consistently works to meet its targets and commitments against their individual or team performance plans and Council’s Operational and Corporate Plans. You will lead and inspire the team; coach, develop and where necessary, counsel staff. You will facilitate collaboration across Council in solving problems and developing solutions.
- Well-developed service delivery, project management and contract management skills successfully utilised in delivering civil infrastructure works and services.
- Demonstrated ability and experience in leading and motivating teams in the successful delivery of infrastructure works and services with the capacity to inspire and support innovative thinking.
- Strong customer service ethic.
- Commitment to promote and demonstrate work health and safety, ethical practice and the NBRC Code of Conduct and Values.
- Current C Class Driver’s License.
For enquiries about the role, please contact Civil Works Manager, Carl Bacon on 0477 075 402.
To be employed in this position applicants must undergo an employment-related background check/s (including pre-employment medical) and be assessed as suitable to be able to ethically perform the inherent requirements of this position.
North Burnett Regional Council’s vision is to make our region the choice for people to live, work and play, and our mission is to lead the community towards a thriving future for us all to enjoy. If this is something you value – this job could be for you!
Applications Close Thursday, 13 August 2020 at 5:00pm
For any enquiries please do not hesitate to contact Council’s People and Culture team on 1300 696 272 (1300 MY NBRC).
North Burnett Regional Council is a drug and alcohol free workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.