Biggenden reduced to level one (1) water restrictions
The North Burnett has received some very welcome rainfall over the past few weeks and as a result a resolution was passed at Council’s General Meeting in Eidsvold on Wednesday, 4 February 2020 that effective from Tuesday, 10 March 2020 level three (3) water restrictions will be reduced to level one (1) water restrictions for premises connected to the reticulated water supply in Biggenden.
Level one (1) restrictions for Biggenden include:
- Sprinkling only permitted on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday between 4pm and
- Attended hand held hoses or bucket watering is permitted at any time.
- Water must not be used to clean paved areas (unless required as the result of accident, fire, health hazard or other emergency).
- Private swimming pools or spas may only be topped up during permitted watering times.
- Commercial market garden or plant nurseries – no restrictions on designated watering days.
- Exemptions may apply. Individuals or businesses can apply for an exemption by completing an Exemption Request Form that is available in Councils General Policy 247 – Drought Management of Urban Water located on our website under policies. https://www.northburnett.qld.gov.au/publications/
Council’s Technical Services team will continue to monitor bore water levels in Biggenden and will advise of any further changes as they are required.
For further information on water restrictions please contact Council’s Technical Services team on 1300 696 272 or email email@example.com.