North Burnett Art Trail
Silos, water towers, murals, sculptures, galleries and more!
The North Burnett has a thriving and every changing art scene that is as diverse and beautiful as the towns they are found in.
Biggenden features 3 steel sculptures in the main street, all creatively built by talented locals. Add them to your North Burnett bucket list!
Gayndah Art Gallery is found at 34 Meson Street and is open Tuesday – Sunday from 10am – 2pm.
Bicentennial Park features a steel sculpture trail depicting the region’s people and wildlife.
Murals to see:
- Town Hall mural
- Library building – collaboration featuring local artists celebrating the history of the Mundubbera Art Gallery
- Jaycee Park (Black Stump Rest area) – Mural by Indigenous artist, Malcolm Brown
- Water Tower – “Meeting of the Waters” Mural. Larger than life with detail to match! A must see in Mundubbera!
Mundubbera Regional Art Gallery is found on Lyon Street and is open Monday – Friday: 8.30am – 11.30am, 12.30pm – 4.30pm, Saturday 9am – 12pm, Sunday and public holidays closed.
RM Williams Australian Bush Learning Centre’s gallery space features local and exhibiting artists with a ‘bush theme’. The Centre is open Monday – Friday: 8.30am – 4.30pm, Weekends: 10am – 2pm.
Street Art – in the main street there are buildings that have been painted by Indigenous community members featuring traditional and contemporary techniques.
Monto has a vibrant public art trail across town. Here’s an interactive map of the public art trail in Monto: https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/viewer?fbclid=IwAR0aishxmNlN08fgp5_W8b3U6pMY6Uu0QjowPC4ywwDcA3Pumd42Vzx02gg&mid=1gMHeq9vYmwSFEZPoHIZFcIy_hAI-cMIf&ll=-24.886041698418957%2C151.11814395&z=13
Monto Art Bucket List:
- Three Moon Silos
- Murals on walls in Newton Street
- Water Tower in Rotary Park
- Painted Cow Trail
- Art Gallery at the Monto Historical Complex (open Thursday 10am – 1pm)
- Lister Street Sculpture Art Walk
- Water Tank Art
Pat Augustine Cultural Centre is home the Shelly Kelly Art Gallery that features local and touring artists. The Centre is also home to a wallpaper collection of Mt Perry born Florence Broadhurst originals. Florence was known internationally for her bright and vibrant prints on wallpaper.
To confirm your visit please contact Patty 0428110854.