1080 Coordinated Baiting Program 28 April to 1 May 2020
North Burnett Regional Council is conducting a coordinated Wild Dog and Feral Pig Baiting Program during April and May 2020.
To take advantage of this baiting program, all participants must pre-register with Council before close of business on Tuesday, 21 April 2020.
The following conditions MUST be adhered to:
- Landholders must bring their rates notice to the baiting centre.
- Landholders are required to supply their own meat (cut to size) – Wild Dog meat baits are 250g and Feral Pig baits are 500g.
- All participants must bring sealed containers large enough to carry the baits.
- Notification should be in writing / email / phone call and must be given to all adjoining landholders at least 72 hours in advance.
- A record of the notifications must be kept and presented to the LPO on the day.
- An “Authority to Sign” form is required if you intend to pick up baits on behalf of properties owned by different landholders.
Landholders that do not comply with these conditions will NOT have their intended meat baits injected with 1080.
Participants in the program are asked to practise social distancing maintain a 1.5 metre distance at all times between persons on collecting day. If you have flu like symptoms please stay home.
If you wish to bait at a different time in the program, or need further information, please do not hesitate to contact our Land Protection Officers (LPO’s) by contacting 1300 696 272 or email@example.com.