TRAINEE LABOURER (PARKS & GARDENS) – MOUNT PERRY
There is an exciting traineeship opportunity for those looking to develop their skills, or to kick start their career by gaining valuable on the job experience towards a career in Local Government. This 12 month traineeship as a Trainee Labourer (Parks & Gardens) in Mount Perry, will enable the successful candidate to work and study towards attaining a Certificate II in Horticulture.
During this traineeship you will undertake varied duties such as:
- Assist in the maintenance of parks, gardens, reserves and sport fields including planting, mowing and whipper snipping
- Operating plant and machinery
- Watering, weeding and general horticultural maintenance duties
- Safety and plant inspections
The successful applicants will have a desire and passion for the relative professional field and a commitment to undertake their studies; with full support and encouragement to develop skills to launch their career forward and gain practical experience in the local government industry. If you are a highly motivated person wishing to commence a qualification and receive workplace training, this position could be for you!
This traineeship is partially funded by the Skilling Queenslanders for Work First Start Program, all applicants must comply with eligibility criteria, and agree to enter into a training contract.
Applications close: 5pm – Thursday, 1 June 2017
Please ensure to include the following in your application:
- Current Resume
- Completed NBRC Application Form
- Responses to the Selection Criteria
- Busy At Work – Expression of Interest to Undertake a Traineeship form Attached Here
North Burnett Regional Council is a drug and alcohol free workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.