Land Protection Officer (Natural Resource Management)
An exciting opportunity exists within our Environmental Services team for a Land Protection Officer. We are looking for an experienced individual to undertake pest and land management activities under Queensland’s Biosecurity Act 2014, and to deliver effective and efficient Land Protection services to the community and Council. Council has a number of Land Protection Officers based through-out the region who all form part of a multi-skilled team. The successful candidate will need to work under remote supervision often, and manage their time towards achieving team oriented goals and strategies.
As the Land Protection Officer you will be responsible for:
- Working with landholders to implement best practice pest management principles
- Gathering pest plant and animal information and improve Council pest mapping
- Participating in weed spraying activities
- Assisting Council and the community to implement the Pest Management Plan
- Participating in feral, native, livestock and domestic animal control
- Undertake compliance and assist in enforcement actions under provisions of the Act
- Stock Route Management activities (e.g. assess applications)
To be successful you must possess the following:
- ACDC Chemical Accreditation, or ability to acquire
- Current C class drivers licence (or higher)
- Work Safe in the Construction Industry Induction Certificate (white card)
- Demonstrated computing skills, including the capacity to effectively use email and ability to acquire skills to use Council specific systems, and knowledge of GPS and mapping applications
Experience within Local Government and/or qualifications relevant to Conservation and Land Management are highly desirable. Training and development for technical knowledge and skills relevant to this position will be supported.
North Burnett Regional Council’s vision is to make our region the choice for people to live, work and play, and our mission is to lead the community towards a thriving future for us all to enjoy. If this is something you value – this job could be for you!
Applications Close: 5:00pm, Friday 2 March 2018
Position Status: Full-Time Permanent
Remuneration: $49,215.33- $51,160.57 per annum
Other Provisions: 9 day fortnight, vehicle for work related purposes
Please refer to the following documents to complete your application for this position. All documents are to be completed i.e. Job Application Form, Selection Criteria as well as any additional documents listed.
All vacant positions are advertised via North Burnett Regional Council’s Website, North Burnett Regional Council’s Facebook Page and Central North Burnett Times.
For any enquiries please do not hesitate to contact Council’s People and Culture team on 1300 696 272 (1300 MY NBRC).
North Burnett Regional Council is a drug and alcohol free workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer