The North Burnett region lies approximately four hours drive from Brisbane and one hour west of Bundaberg. The area has a diverse range of locations including rural townships, beautiful lakes and dams, heritage and other tourist attractions. The area also boasts many educational, medical and sporting and recreational facilities. You can read more information about the North Burnett region in our Visitors and Community sections.
Cleaner (Facilities Maintenance)
An exciting opportunity to become part of Council’s Cleaning Team is now open for application. Council is seeking to recruit an experienced cleaner whose relief role is to deliver effective and efficient cleaning and maintenance services to a high standard.
To be considered for this position applicants will possess and/ or have the ability to:
- Work in a physically demanding occupation, often in noisy conditions.
- Work effectively unsupervised when required and exercise judgement in the planning of own work.
- Experience in the effective use, maintenance and servicing of equipment and tools relevant to the work area.
- Previous experience in a similar position would be desirable, and qualifications relevant to the field would be highly regarded.
Responsibilities will include:
- Cleaning of Council owned buildings/ facilities as per the ‘cleaning schedule’, (including but not limited to, sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, dusting and wiping down workstations and minor laundry services).
- Employ effective communication skills to liaise professionally with co-workers and customers at all levels and backgrounds, and the community, whether face to face, over the phone or via written correspondence.
- Ensure safe working procedures and practices are undertaken in all activities in accordance with Council’s Work Health and Safety policies and procedures.
- Maintain cleaning stores/ supplies and equipment at an operational level.
North Burnett Regional Council’s vision is to make our region the choice for people to live, work and play, and our mission is to lead the community towards a thriving future for us all to enjoy. If this is something you value – this job could be for you!
Position: Cleaner (Facilities Maintenance)
Position Status: Casual (relief or additional cleaning work as required)
Remuneration: $22.54-$23.68 per hour + casual loading, Level A1-A6 Queensland Local Government Industry Award – State 2017
Applications close: 5pm, Friday 22 September 2017
Please ensure to include the following in your application:
Note: Prior to any offer of employment, the applicant will be required to produce a Name only Police Certificate or provide evidence of application for a Police Certificate
North Burnett Regional Council is a drug and alcohol free workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Applying for a Position
The objective of Council’s Recruitment and Selection Program is to select the best person for the job by matching applications to the criteria requirements of the position advertised and organisational needs. The following information will provide you with assistance with your application.
Our selection process is based on assessment of merit, which is how well your skills, knowledge and experience meet the selection criteria.
Your application is your first contact with the Selection Panel and will determine whether or not you gain an interview.
The Position Description outlines the main duties and responsibilities of the position and includes the selection criteria that needs to be addressed in your application. In your application you must clearly demonstrate to the Selection Panel how your attitude, experience, skills, knowledge and qualifications meet the specific requirements of the advertised position.
Your application must include the following:
An Application Form must be completed and submitted with each application advising which position is being applied for.
Statements Addressing the Selection Criteria
Using the selection criteria as headings, describe how your particular skills, experience, abilities and qualifications enable you to satisfy each of the selection criteria.
Shortlisting (or selection for interviews) is based on your responses to the selection criteria. As an applicant, it is your responsibility to demonstrate how well you meet the selection criteria. If your application does not address the selection criteria, it will not be considered.
When preparing your resume you should consider and include the following information:
Clearly states details of any secondary or tertiary qualifications. Photocopies of any qualifications should be included in your application. If qualifications were obtained overseas, provide as much information as possible to enable equivalence to be assessed.
- Employment History
List all positions held in chronological order, with the latest positions held listed first. Ensure that you indicate dates of employment so the Selection Panel can determine over what period your experience has been gained. Details of any relevance voluntary work experience should also be included.
Provide the names and telephone numbers of at least two referees. These people should be able to comment on your skills and abilities to meet the selection criteria and have your prior approval to provide such comment.
Written references do not need to be forwarded with your application.
Submitting your application
Your application can be:
- Sent electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org (put the position title as the subject)
- Posted to – Chief Executive Officer, PO Box 390, Gayndah Qld 4625
- Hand delivered to North Burnett Regional Council Office, 34-36 Capper Street, Gayndah or to your local North Burnett Regional Council Office.
Applications must be received by the closing date and time specified with the position, otherwise they are considered late (see below).
Applications received after the closing date will only be accepted in exceptional circumstances. The onus of proof regarding reasons why the application was late will be on the applicant.
Applicants are responsible for ensuring their application reaches Council’s offices before the closing date. The closing date appears in the Current Vacancies section above.
If you require assistance with your application, or further information regarding a position, please contact the North Burnett Regional Council on 1300 MY NBRC (1300 696 272).