Civil Works Supervisor (Civil Works)
An opportunity to further your civil construction career within Local Government now exists with North Burnett Regional Council. The successful candidate will be responsible for the safe, and environmentally sound delivery of construction and maintenance works for Council’s Department of Works in accordance with pre-determined short, medium and long term programs, and to assist the Senior Civil Works Supervisor and the Asset Services Section in developing such works programs.
We are looking for an experienced individual who possesses the following:
- Excellent organisational and planning skills to manage competing priorities in a busy environment and capacity to set priorities and work to deadlines
- Proven ability to manage, supervise and provide leadership to small multi-skilled teams undertaking civil construction and maintenance duties, including traditional parks and gardens activities
- Demonstrated computing skills, including the capacity to effectively use email and ability to acquire skills to use Council specific systems
- Knowledge of statutory requirements relevant to civil construction and a demonstrated ability to acquire knowledge of section programs, policies, and activities
- Current C class drivers licence (or higher)
- Work Safe in the Construction Industry Induction Certificate (white card)
Experience within Local Government and/ or qualifications relevant to Civil Construction and Project Management are highly desirable. Training and development for technical knowledge and skills relevant to this position will be supported.
North Burnett Regional Council’s vision is to make our region the choice for people to live, work and play, and our mission is to lead the community towards a thriving future for us all to enjoy. If this is something you value – this job could be for you!
Applications Close: 5:00pm, Friday 2 March 2018
Position Status: Full-Time Permanent
Remuneration: $59,373.85 – $64,745.45 per annum
Other Provisions: 9 day fortnight, Vehicle for work related purposes
Please refer to the following documents to complete your application for this position. All documents are to be completed i.e. Job Application Form, Selection Criteria as well as any additional documents listed.
All vacant positions are advertised via North Burnett Regional Council’s Website, North Burnett Regional Council’s Facebook Page and Central North Burnett Times.
For any enquiries please do not hesitate to contact Council’s People and Culture team on 1300 696 272 (1300 MY NBRC).
North Burnett Regional Council is a drug and alcohol free workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer